Haitham Masri, MD FACS ABSM is a uniquely qualified facial plastic surgeon and ENT doctor. He is the first Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in Michigan, as well as the first in the nation to be concurrently board certified in Facial Plastic Surgery, Otolaryngology, and Sleep Medicine. He is also the first in Michigan to be trained officially in the external technique for rhinoplasty.
Dr. Masri has extensive training in facial plastic surgery as well as more than 25 years of experience. After completion of medical school, he spent his general surgery residency at the State University of New York (SUNY) followed by a one-year fellowship in facial plastic surgery at the University of Toronto and an otolaryngology residency in Canada at Dalhousie University.
Dr. Masri is board certified in facial plastic surgery, otolaryngology, and sleep medicine by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Otolaryngology, and the American Board of Sleep Medicine. He is affiliated with several societies including the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery, and the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Haitham Masri is the author of several industry publications including Double Eyelid Surgery in Oriental Eyes and The Effect of Facial Animation on the Aging Face. Each year he attends several training seminars and conferences within the industry to keep on top of the most innovative medical approaches available.
Among his patients, Dr. Masri is well known for his sensitive approach toward their medical concerns as well as his thoroughness in ensuring that patients fully understand each procedure before moving forward. His patients often comment that is very easygoing and someone whom they can relate to. Dr. Masri is also fluent in French and Arabic.
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1988
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 1987
- American Board of Sleep Medicine, 2010
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, eligible
- Otolaryngic Allergy, Fellowship Certificate, 1989
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Fellow
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Fellow
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
- Canadian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Member
- Canadian Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Member
- Oakwood Hospital , Dearborn , MI
- Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, Wayne , MI
Dr. Masri is a staff physician at Oakwood Hospital and the Detroit Medical Center (DMC).